Highlights from BioPharma and Life Sciences Connected Live
The BioPharma and Life Sciences Connected Live was a great success last week in Cork and The Core Story were delighted to participate as a partner this year.
Keep reading to find our highlights from the event.
Padraig Hyland was the moderator for an insightful panel discussion titled: “Retention of Talent and Leaders in the Biopharma & Life Sciences Industry”
“Retention of Talent and Leaders in the Biopharma & Life Sciences Industry” had a packed house.
Moderated by Padraig Hyland, CEO, The Core Story, the panel featured:
- Una Feeney, Global Occupational Health and Wellbeing Strategist, Eli Lilly,
- Annemarie Slattery, Head of Talent and Organisational Development, EirGen,
- Susan Costello, Network Director, BioPharmaChem Skillnet
- Siobhan Dean, Senior Executive, BioPharmaChem Ireland.
Key takeaways included:
- The importance of having a robust talent strategy and the ability to tell that story
- The importance D&I and ESG policies as part of the recruitment process
- Salary is only one element in the recruitment and retention mix
- Departments can sometimes work in siloes – integration can bring huge benefits
- The importance of culture and how you tell your story
- Companies want to invest in employees long-term and see it as a life long journey
- It is important to have the right leaders in the right roles and provide the conditions where they can bring their best selves to work
- Support your new leaders
- Leaders need to show empathy
- The importance of talent development from a strategic level
Ryan Griffin, Head of Operations – Supply Chains, AbbVie Group and Alex Russell, Associate Director of Technical Operations, AbbVie Group gave a presentation on “AbbVie Ireland’s Culture and Performance”.
Some of their learnings included:
- Define your North Star
- Identify your key priorities and keep it simple
- Use your network
- Build trust using open and transparent communication
- Cultivate an environment that enables honest feedback
- Communication is everything – its how you make people feel
- Importance of informal conversations to build trust and relationships
- Remember – key decision makers are also human
On the Sustainability Stage, Thijs Derksen, Supply Chain Director, Heineken Ireland, told the fascinating story of Heineken’s aim for carbon neutrality in 2030 as well as being the first global brewer to commit to full value chain carbon neutrality by 2040.
One of the key messages in his story was that strategy and bold ambition are as important as the technology.
For over a decade The Core Story has been taking global organisations on transformative journeys that drive engagement and unite people around purposeful change.
Click here to check out our Biopharma Solutions.
The Core Story takes global organisations on transformative journeys that drive engagement and unite people around purposeful change. Our game-changing approach transforms engagement from a problem to a force that energises your strategy and culture. And we do it through the power of story. For more information on how The Core Story can support you in the Biopharma and Live Sciences sector, please contact us.